Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Overwhelmed by Time Management

Epic story adventures, I feel, are a tad notorious to have large moments of time pass in a very short amount of text. This summer I read The Hobbit to my boys and it was hard to believe how much time went by in the "short" story. But, in life it is quite the same. You start moving and living in the fast pace of time and once you sit back and track the time, you can be quite amazed how much has gone by. That is exactly where I have been for the last 10 or so months.

Epic story into real quick version: I found myself a full time job and jumped feet first into a whirlwind of adventure as I tried to become career mom. It has taken me around 9 months to actually settle in to all my roles, but I think I am getting there. So, back to blogging!

What Boss Levels have I been faced with lately in RPG of life? Time Management. Wish I had some really cool tool to link you to that would be the Magic Genie of Time Management and be your 3 click guide to making life super easy! I would love an app for that. Unfortunately, even the coolest of apps that I do use have not been able to do what I need. Turns out, self discipline is something you just have to learn and practice. You cannot just technology it into perfection. What can you do, then?

Well, I have learned that Coffee is pretty much the answer to everything. It has been the magic elixir to my insane life. It gives me an energy boost and restores my overwhelmed being. Whether I hit up the local coffee shop (the Target Starbucks in Keizer Station is the best coffee in the area) or I remember to brew at home, taking those few minutes to relax and remember the simple things in life has been a good refocus moment for me. I cannot balance everything I want or need to do, but I can make sure to keep going and do the things I have to do. I have to go to work, and I have to be there for my family. All those other great adventures, they sometimes just have to wait. But, this Level Up in life is beginning to be a little more clear and is becoming easier and easier. Next time I may have even gained some XP.

No comments:

Post a Comment